January 26, 2016
The purpose of this blog will be to journal my experiences with starting a mobile app business. Brace yourself....I tend to be a train wreck.
It's been an interesting little ride to date. Here's a quick recap:
- Get very excited about the potential of making some extra cheddar in the world of mobile apps
- Jump in head first with little to NO research as I love learning everything the very very hard way.
- Save up a few dollars
- Post a loosy goosy job ad on a fairly reputable freelancer site.
- Hire the first developer to apply...cuz that's just good business.
- Back and forth between developer and I to occur often. Discussions focused primarily on his displeasure with my game idea, and his insistance that I just purchase a game from him.
- Determine he's right, and that my game idea was just plain bad. Proceed to purchase his game.
- Quickly submit the game to apple store. Proceed to tell anyone who would listen that I have a game on iTunes.
- Get rejected by Apple. Reason being: Game already exists under a different owner.....WHAT!!!
- Get very angry and say bad words to my crook developer
- Give up on my short lived dream
- Decided I was doing it all wrong: The problem was that I was relying on someone other that me.
- Change in strategy: Become a game developer
- Jump in head first with little to NO research.
- Spend months reading books and watching videos regarding all things Game Development and graphic design. Of course I became an expert!
- Masterpiece created... JerkPanda is born!
Stay tuned for how this story turns out. I'll give you a teaser: I wasn't an expert.
January 2017 (1)
April 2016 (1)
February 2016 (11)
January 2016 (5)
eCommerce mobile app
eCommerce mobile app builder
eCommerce mobile app maker
mobile app builder
mobile app creator
web mobile app